The British Gymnastics Foundation (BGF) is committed to protecting the privacy of people and Organisations with which it engages and ensuring a secure online experience. In general, the public can view the British Gymnastics Foundation website without telling BGF who they are or revealing any information about themselves. Sometimes however, BGF may need to monitor website usage for web site and BGF services development.
BGF’s Privacy Statement contains the following important information regarding the use of personal information.
- What is personal information?
- How BGF collects personal information
- How BGF uses personal information
- When BGF discloses personal information
- Storage and security of personal information
- Access to personal information
- Accuracy of personal information
1.What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an individual who can be identified, or whose identity could be reasonably ascertained, from the information.
2. How BGF collects personal information
To support the delivery of the services offered by BGF, certain personal information is collected. BGF collects personal information from individuals when:
- The individual donates to BGF
- The individual registers to receive information from BGF
- The individual enters or signs up to a BGF event or participation programme
- The individual purchases merchandise from BGF (or British Gymnastics Merchandise which is associated with a BGF charitable donation)
- The individual requests information from BGF
- The individual provides information to BGF staff
- The individual participates in a BGF survey
- The individual applies for a BGF grant
- Your information may be shared with us by independent event organisers, for example the London Marathon or fundraising sites like Virgin Money Giving, when you have indicated that you wish to support BGF and with your consent.
3. How BGF uses personal information
BGF will only collect information that is necessary for it to carry out the primary purpose of providing its services which are designed for public benefit. Personal information may be used in order to:
- Provide the services required
- Keep a record of our relationship with our supporters and donors, for example, a record of the BGF fundraising activities you have participated in or a record of the value of the donations you have made or funds you have raised so that we can thank you appropriately for your support.
- Internal accounting and administration
- Fulfil regulatory reporting and compliance
- Reclaim gift aid on donations
With your consent, we will send you emails about our charitable objectives and activities (see section 9 below on marketing).
4. When we disclose personal information
BGF discloses personal information to other organisations that is necessary to assist in providing services. The organisations include:
Outsourced service providers who manage the services of BGF, including:
- Event Management & Project Delivery Companies (as properly contracted from time to time)
- Print and fulfillment companies
- Professional advisors, including accountants, auditors and lawyers
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- Fundraising platforms for processing donations and gift aid
BGF limits the use and disclosure of any personal information to such organisations for the specific purpose for which it is supplied.
5. Storage and Security of personal information
BGF stores personal information on a computer database. The personal information may be held in both paper file and computer file form. BGF has implemented measures of a reasonable nature to ensure that all personal information is securely stored from misuse, loss and unauthorised handling.
6. Accuracy of personal information
BGF takes reasonable steps to ensure that whenever personal information is collected or disclosed, it is accurate, complete and up to date.
7. Other processing activities
BGF undertakes some other activities and services. We may need to collect additional information about you as part of these activities and services. These additional activities and services include:
- Training courses
- Exercise programmes
- Hardship Grants
Additional notices about the information about you that we collect and how we will use it will be provided to you at the point that you are invited to participate in, register for or access any of the above activities or services.
With your consent, we will send you emails about our charitable objectives and activities.
By keeping a record of any additional information which you have agreed can be shared with BGF, we can identify news, activities and services that are most likely to be most relevant and will meet your needs as a subscriber, supporter or beneficiary.
When we send you a marketing communication, we monitor whether you have opened the communication and clicked on any included links. This will enable us to track and analyse your level of engagement/interest in the communication we are sending you and will provide us with further insight on what type of communications are most of interest to you.
These communications will include relevant newsletters and information about our charitable objectives and activities.
If you agree to any of the above marketing, and later change your mind, you can use the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the end of the electronic communication (but this may unsubscribe you from all marketing communications). Alternatively, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org informing us of your wish to unsubscribe.
9. Website & Communications
Information we collect about you when you use our website
You do not need to give us any information about yourself to view the British Gymnastics Foundation website. When you access the website, our webserver logs your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a unique set of numbers that identifies one or more devices on a computer network), browser identifier and the time of access.
Our website provides access to some other services, including the option to contact us via our website and to become a British Gymnastics Foundation subscriber to enable you to request information and to receive news by email. You may need to provide some information about yourself to access these services or if you contact us in another way.
How we use information about you collected via our website
We process personal information about you for the following purposes where we have a legitimate interest to do so:
- Responding to questions, feedback and requests for information or support
- Monitoring the effectiveness of our website and communications
- Responding to complaints about the BGF website and services
- Responding to expressions of interest in becoming a volunteer, fundraiser or supporter
You have these rights in respect of information we process about you. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us using the details below.
How to contact us
British Gymnastics Foundation
We keep our privacy notices under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 29th September 2017.